The Methods used

The 'Explanation of Signs', a most ingenious piece of cartography, allows us to learn the materials, height, etc. of the buildings and to spot the building changes made over the years. On our two maps, a hay and straw wharf has become a garage. Stables have become another garage. A wooden building with an attic in 1891, has been rebuilt by 1942 as a workshop for motor repairs, with concrete floors and an outside staircase.

page15
15


Page 14           Main Menu