Damage to Brewer Street North
(now Friend Street)

The School building and nearby houses had been badly damaged.

pic16
1868 OS Map Whole Map Full Size Map Full Size Map in New Window
1896 OS Map Whole Map Full Size Map Full Size Map in New Window
1915 OS Map Whole Map Full Size Map Full Size Map in New Window
Sketch Map Whole Map Full Size Map Full Size Map in New Window
Bomb Damage Map Whole Map Full Size Map Full Size Map in New Window
1955 OS Map Whole Map Full Size Map Full Size Map in New Window

The Owen’s Boys School first appears in the 1896 OS Map.

By 1955 the old school had been demolished and a new Boys School
and a new Girls School had been built.

Back