This 3D map is easy to make, especially if the contour map with spacing lines is
- Draw the contour map clearly to a small scale.
- Tilt at 45°. Draw lines parallel to the bottom edges and number as shown.
- Trace the bottom lines of the map ab, be. Move them down to the 40m lines.
- Draw the 40m contour
- Move lines ab, bc up to the 35m
lines and draw the 35m contour. Do
not go behind the 40m contour.
- Continue to move the tracing paper
up and draw the contours in turn.
- When all the contours have been
drawn, join the ends of the contour
lines smoothly to give the irregular
outline. Complete the block and
shade the vertical sides.
- Number the contours to read from
low to high.