- Canonbury Primary School History from before the 1870 Education Act to today, including the destruction of Highbury and Islington Station.
The History of Islington Green School, Prebend Street (now City Academy ) from the 1870 Compulsory Education Act to about 1990.
(in approximately chronological order)
- Wedmore Estate, Holloway Road. The first estate which Islington Borough Council managed to build, after councils were given the right to ‘Build to Let', in 1890.
- Percy Circus - the bombing report and restoration after heavy destruction.
- Spa Green - a revolutionary building technique and the first mention of Ove Arup, the great structural engineer.
- The Rebuilding on the Holford Square site next to Percy Circus.
- Bevin Court - the spectacular three armed flats with a stunning entrance hall.
- Harvist Estate, ( Hornsey Road/Isledon Road). The building of a slab built estate. The estate had to be cladded some time later (see below).
- Packington Estate - rebuilding and refurbishment.
- City Wharf Housing (to be completed)
- Harvist Estate, (Hornsey Road/Isledon Road ). The cladding of the Harvist Estate.
- The History and Redevelopment of the Royal Free Hospital Site in Islington: Dr Southwood Smith, Octavia Hill and the fight against fever.
- The Angel Centre, Islington: the redevelopment of this old site and some 50 foot front gardens dating back to the New Road of 1757.
January 9, 2013