Woodberry Down: A Cut-away Drawing
This cut-away drawing shows the schoo as it was first built with a Hall large enough to take all the 1250 pupils at once and a splendid open stage. Behind wwere the four storey Teaching Block in an L shape and a slightly detached Technical Blaok making up the third side of a central courtyard. The Technical Block had Woodwork and Engineering on the ground floor, Domestic Science on the First, Needlework on the Second and Art at the top. It was very well equipped indeed. There were two gymns with zig-zag roofs, parts of which can be seen at the top of the drawing. When the School Leaving Age was raised and we neded more room, a new ROSLA building was built at the far end.
When the School was combined with Clissold School to form the present Stoke Newington School, in Clisold Road, most of the site was sold off for housing and the buildings demolished. All that remain standing today are the ROSLA building, the Girls' Gym fronting on to Woodberry Grove, and the old Technical Block.
Google Map View of the former Woodberry Down School